TIPS TO SURVIVE WITH AN OLD GAMING PC

11:08 , 0 Comments

Doesn't it really hurt in the feels when a new game comes out and you don't have a good enough gaming PC to enjoy them goods? :(
Yeah it does . It broke my heart in my case when my PC was not even able to run GTA 5 . Believe me, I thought how miserable my life was and how bad my PC was!
SO Actually it was the moment I felt the pain of many other PC gamers who might have experienced the same thing and thus wrote this article to either make us feel better or help us make something out of the same old Computers or to start collecting up for a new one.

1)Play some old titles you have not yet played ; 


This is the first thing I eventually did after I was not able to play GTA 5. I mean DUDE! ...... There are a TON of games out there that we have not even touched yet. Go through your own gaming history. How many titles and what titles have you played so far?

The thing is that most of us just keep a look at the mainstream titles such as Dota, COD, CS STRIKE , GTA , NFS , Battlefield and many others. 
We often brag about what a large game library PC gamers have. So , go and use it. If you have a PC which can't run the latest titles, then research and play some old ones.
Lastly, I think I can help you out a little on this subject.
STEP 2 ; Choose the graphics card you own.
STEP 3 ; Once you have chosen your graphics card, you will be shown all the possible games you can play with it :D . 
so next, Simply choose the games you have never played and start playing them for a change. 

For me, I owned a Nvidia Geforce GT 210 which is basically an entry level low end GPU.And amazingly I was prompted to a list of above 500 games. I started playing some of them and voila , it kept me busy with games I never played. Probably I'll look forward to GTA later when I am done with these. 

2)Keep Doing experiments on your computer ; 

Yep, keep experimenting things and keep trying and researching as well.

-keep researching about hacks to play heavier and more demanding games to run on low spec hardware. One such tool you could use to play very heavy games such as battlefield 4 on a system which does not meet even the extreme lowest requirements is to use the low resolution patch. This patch lowers the game's resolution to such lowness that even a GPU like HD 5450 could be able to run the game at 30fps. 
Go to this link for more information about the 'Low spec patch'

-Secondly, keep your drivers up to date so that any lags in the games could be avoided(if possible due to driver issues).

3)Accept it , Be happy , Enjoy gaming , and Respect your PC;


Now this might sound casual or geeky but man, you have got to respect your PC. Don't be bad to it or ignore it just because it did not play your favorite new game. After all it has been of great use to you since so many years. Enjoy playing some of the old titles and love your computer like it's your girlfriend or your crush and be happy with it until you get a new one . For the timing , Accept it and be happy with it. :') 


4)Collect up for a new PC or maybe it's time for an upgrade !


Ok... sometimes you just have to get a new one if you are still using a pentium 4 type-ish computer or if you are desperate , then you can upgrade. Either way I personally would recommend you to get a new one because believe me dual cores are dead and even though you can upgrade your processor , RAM , GPU as well as your storage space but it's gonna cost you but not give you as much of a value as a new one would give. This is because there are many many new features in the latest tech .
For more about PC building and Buying new computers , have a look at our guide ; http://techytonics.blogspot.nl/2015/11/a-simple-pc-building-guide-for-first_41.html

To summarize, I would still pretty much recommend a person to keep living with their older PC as playing old games is not a bad thing as long as you enjoy them. Secondly even if you are looking for an upgrade, go for upgrading your GPU first as it is the key to gaming performance.
So for now, keep using your old PC and meanwhile keep collecting up for a new one ;) .
Hope I helped you. If you liked it, Don't forget to share it as writing these blogs down and managing our site takes quite an amount of hardwork.



Some say he’s half man half fish, others say he’s more of a seventy/thirty split. Either way he’s a fishy bastard.

0 comments: